Scholarship & Tuition Assistance
Applications for scholarships and tuition assistance are accepted beginning in January of each year, allowing current financial information to be provided from the prior year's income tax reports. Students may apply for all scholarships for which they are eligible by completing just one application form. However, please note that different scholarships may require different types of recommendations. All Letters of Recommendation should be addressed to to the Villa Scholarship Committee in care of the Business Office at Villa.
Scholarship applications including required letters and financial need online application (if needed) must be submitted by the 1st of April each year. Please refer to your grade level Scholarship Eligibility Requirements button above for details.
Applications for tuition assistance ONLY (i.e., not applying for any scholarships) do not have a deadline. However, it is highly encouraged that applications also be submitted by April 1st to have the best chance of receiving aid.
For further information on tuition assistance, please contact the Business Office (ext. 125).
Junior High and Elementary School Scholarships:
- Jean Anne Hemsath Barsan ’52 Elementary School Scholarship: These two renewable scholarships through grade 8 are awarded to Villa elementary or junior high students who display the Benedictine characteristics of respect, work, reverence, and hospitality, persevere despite academic setbacks, and have financial need.
- Class of 1956 Benedictine Scholarship: This renewable scholarship through grade 8 is awarded to a seventh grader who displays personal characteristics of leadership and altruism, perseveres despite academic setbacks, and has financial need.
- Margaret Hay Edwards Scholarship: Scholarship awarded to a sixth, seventh, or eighth grader with a 3.0 GPA or better, displays a commitment to excellence and achievement, and is involved in service work.
- Elementary School Principal's Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a fifth or sixth grade student who displays personal characteristics of altruism, leadership, and perseverance despite academic setbacks. Family makes financial sacrifices for the student to attend Villa.
- Suzanne Sullivan Scholarships: Multiple scholarships in varying amounts for students at all grade levels based on academic excellence and financial need.